Thank you for rejecting me?

Saturday morning I submitted my cover letter, resume and application to the director of the Maria Montessori Academy.


I recieved an email from her today thanking me for my time, but that they weren't currently hiring. I'm not sure how to interpret this email. Is it the standard brush off because I'm not qualified? Is it sincere and simply stating facts, that they really aren't hiring right now (which I knew because the property for the school has not been purchased yet)? Do I send a "Thank you for rejecting me" letter? Have I actually been rejected?


I really didn't expect a "Your Hired!" response. I did, however, expect more information regarding the training for the certification in order to become qualified to teach in a Montessori classroom. I guess I'm taking the email a little harder than I thought I would, considering I'm not even sure what it means. I've been thinking about it a lot since I made the decision to pick up the phone and call the director. It was a big step for me, but once I did it I realized that it was what I want to be doing.


I am currently reading a book called, Montessori: The Science Behind the Genius. It outlines the Montessori method and philosophy in pretty great detail, with examples of how some materials are to be used and the objective behind those particular materials. Although the information is complex, it is presented in a way that is easy to read. I would highly recommend this book to anyone who has a child in a Montessori school, is considering a Montessori school or is curious just how children in a Montessori school are educated. After reading only the first three chapters, I have realized how similar my philosophy of education is to Maria Montessori which I guess is a good thing since my daughter attends a Montessori school.

No comments:

Post a Comment